I believe that the Internet and the Web will have a major impact on instructions in all areas below. The use of Internet and the Web will be different in each area but it will change the way we teach, learn and share the information. We can create more hands-on and functional situations for learners. It still has many issues using these technologies in some schools and organization, such as cost allowance, but I am pretty sure that it’s gradually moving on to technology society.
a. Educational programs at grades K-12
Grades K-12 will use Internet and Web with teachers’ guidance. Especially, for lower grades students such as K-2, they are a bit still young to use and handle Internet and Web by themselves so I will use them as resources and teaching tools in my lessons. For example, I will look for some pictures and movies for visual aids when I teach something that students have never seen. It will much better than I draw pictures and explains only in words. I will also search educational games and hands-on activities to attract students’ interests in learning. Our school has the SMART board, which is interactive whiteboard, in each class so I can either use those activities in class or have students use them in individual activities. I am able to create a student-centered learning environment and successfully achieve goals of objectives. When I started teaching, my classroom didn’t have computers or internet access but now, I cannot imagine how my lessons will be without Internet and Web now.
b. Higher education
Internet and Web supports students own learning in this area. Students in this age are able to explore computer by themselves. Students can look for the information which they need for assignments and reports through Internet and Web anytime and any places they want. Sometimes library is not convenient for all students because of opening hours and location. Accessing Internet and Web itself teaches students a lot because there are a lot of information that are available for anyone who access to and links are there too.
c. Adult education
In this area such as business and training situations, information should be accurately and immediately delivered to others. Any small mistakes and misunderstanding cause a big problem. Internet and Web could make these purposes easily by using graph, charts, pictures, sounds and movies. Another advantage of using Internet and Web is that information that is carrying in this area is huge. They can only take information that they need from tons of information. It will be difficult to eliminate or choose information without Internet and Web technology.
Shaft ganzer film deutsch stream 2019 komplett
6 years ago
I often use the internet in my 'business' simply to order materials or communicate with teachers in similar fields. For my 'personal' use, I look up phone numbers of area businesses, possible medical conditions, and driving maps. Although some people do not rely on the internet as much as I do, I totally agree with your synopsis that the internet will have a major impact on all instruction (and entertainment!). -Suzy
ReplyDeleteI agree that the cost issue is a major factor in our technology availability within our schools. And sometimes it is easier to draw pictures and labels by hand to explain some new concepts that students arent familiar with.
ReplyDeleteYes the internet will play a huge role in the way we teach and learn. I have to admit that I spend more time on my computer than I ever thought I would. And as computers can do more and more I will no doubt spend more time with this little box. The students will love (I hope) the changes that will be brought about by technology.
ReplyDeleteThe cost of staying current on the tech front is substantial and with the money problems we have it will be tough, but we have stay up on technology.
I think cost is a huge stumbling block to utilizing technology in the K-12 grades. I don't think teachers are coming out of school computer saavy. It sounds like you are using the computers effectively in your school and money doesn't seem to be an issue. I agree that education is moving in the right direction but we are way behind the technology already! :) KathyW
ReplyDeleteI think that the internet already plays a huge role in education. I am a little scared as to how far the internet will go in education. Will it replace having to actually go to a building and learn? Hopefully not. Will it allow one teacher to actually teach in multiple school districts, eliminating teachers? I hope not. I hope that it will just increase our ability to teach a certain subject matter, making us better teachers. I really think that the ladder is definitely feasable.
ReplyDelete