I could think of two ways where I can use photo sharing sites in my classroom are to describe their family and a game called treasure hunt. I think this is a good way for my students to talk about their families with pictures. Not only are they introducing their family members but also talking about family activities that they do together. It lets them to expand on the concept of family and also learn what other student’s families do. Treasure hunt is a game that I play with my students right now. I usually play this game in class using books. The objective is really simple. Find a specific thing from a photo. For example, find a person wearing a bathing suit or a picture that has someone eating a hamburger. Students would go onto a photo sharing websites and learn to search for photos that match the criteria.
The major concern for using photo sharing sites is privacy. Some people don’t feel comfortable sharing their photos with other people. I also felt the same way before. Another concern could be inappropriate photos.
One major benefit for using for these types of services is sharing photos for school events. It’s a great way for parents to view or download photos of their children on school events or field trips that they were either missed or didn’t have a chance to participate. This is a great way for the children to share these photos with their parents.
Reading Chapter 2 of Trends & Issues, I felt like I am already familiar with the process. As a teacher, I feel like I am applying these processes in one way or another without actually knowing it. When I create a lesson plan, I usually pre-assess my students and determine what I need to teach them before they can achieve their goals. I usually evaluate their knowledge with individual tests or group assessments. I try to make the lesson as learner-centered as possible and make sure they can confidently achieve their goals.
What I really like about the Instructional Design is that it is very systematic and structured. This allows me to be more organized especially if I need to make a lesson plan that I will share with other teachers. It’s also great for identifying flaws in the lesson plan having to look at it step by step, I can just identify the problem and rectify it easily.
Shaft ganzer film deutsch stream 2019 komplett
6 years ago
Yasue-
ReplyDeleteWhat subject do you teach? I can't remember if you specified in your introduction or not. I was just wondering since you are mentioning family relationships and photo searches. :)
I hadn't thought of sharing photos of school events! That would work wonderfully for me. I video tape each concert and let the students watch it. If a parent misses the concert, being able to watch online would be great! Thanks for sharing! -Suzy
Yasue, One word that you used as a drawback to photo-sharing is privacy. I guess I kept thinking of privacy in the sense that a student might share an inappropriate photo. But the word privacy made me think of parents. Would parents be okay with their student sharing photos? Do we need to get parental permission? All of this has got my mind spinning about brand new drawbacks that I hadn't thought of before!
ReplyDeleteDanelle Drake
Yasue,
ReplyDeleteYour idea of sharing photos with parents of school events is a good one! I had not thought of the privacy aspect of posting photos. We have permission before we put up someones picture.
Mark
Yasue,
ReplyDeleteI agree privacy can be an issue-I know at the high school level there is a 2 page permission/agreement form which has to be signed by the student and their parent(s). If students don't follow the rules they are barred from using any computer at the high school. I think if the photos shared are from school related activities and students are actually taking the pictures would be a way to monitor what goes into the actual photo sharing. :) Kathy W