Tuesday, August 4, 2009

R/D13

I am impressed with “advanced performance tracking” program in chapter 31. The program teaches you how to perform a task. What you need to do is to wear a “body glove” and “microhydraulic capabilities,” and the program will guide you what to do. It is very easy and convenient to use. You do not need to go to tennis school or other schools. You can save time commuting to school and learn anytime you want. Since the program is computer-based and consistent, you can learn exactly the same tasks each time and can get the detailed instructions with verbal and visual queues. Which means you will learn it faster than learning from human trainers because you can repeat and practice in certain and fixed condition. Most surprisingly, the program customize to your body type and ability. You can learn from any level of difficulties such as professional players if you wish. I wonder how this program will be used in future in the field of business and education. Everyone will perform exactly the same way, and human being could be like a robot that lacks character. I hope that it will use in effective ways in the future.


For the applications in this course, most of them are very interesting to me, and I learned a lot. I am more comfortable with computer now. I couldn’t imagine that I can set up and use those technology devices before I took this course. It is hard to choose but I will say the RSS readers is one of my favorite activity in this course. I didn’t realize what the word “RSS readers” meant or what it can do even though I see them on the Internet every day. One thing that I was amazed is how easy it was to set up. I thought setting up the RRS readers was only for tech savvy people. Now I have the RSS readers on my blog and I can easily view updates without visiting other sites. I also can choose the topics that I am interested in and check them out. It is very convenient and I would like to apply this to my future lessons.

6 comments:

  1. Yasue,
    I thought the "body glove" was pretty cool as well. Especially if it cuts down on training time. One of my favorite tasks in this class was setting up the blog- it has many applications too. Although RSS feeds and social networking was very interesting too. :) KathyW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yasue, you bring up a good point about body glove technology making people too uniform, even robotic. Its something that didn't even cross my mind until you mentioned it, but I think it would be a shame if we lost what makes each person unique.

    Danelle Drake

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed learning the new technology. Those RSS feeds certainly save us some time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yasue,

    I also thought the body-glove technology was very interesting. I think it will create a whole new type of professional athelete. I still feel that there can be differences among the trainees. Since there will be different companies competing in the body glove industry, there will always be slight variations in the technology and the training.

    Jackie Sowle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was very interested in the body suit. I've seen that they used that sort of thing to make video games, but I haven't really heard of using it to improve a technique in sports. I would love to use that to get my golf game on track.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the same thing about setting up some of these devices and using so many different technology advancements. I never would of thought i could do it let alone make work if someone told me what i had to do before hand.

    ReplyDelete